PE and Sport Premium
Sport and PE take a very high precedence at St. Bernadette’s and we are proud of our achievements. We provide a broad PE and Sport curriculum of games, gymnastics, dance, athletics and swimming.
The PE and sport premium is additional funding which schools receive annually in order to help improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Our priorities for spending the premium are:
- Continually developing teacher's knowledge, understanding and skill in delivering a high-quality, progressive PE curriculum,
- Promoting healthy and active lifestyle choices with all our pupils,
- To offer a broader range of sporting activies both within our curriculm and extra-curricular activities,
- To increase participation in competitive sport,
- To exploit all opportunities to promote respect and tolerance within sporting activites.
We are extremely proud of our children’s achievements outside of school. We have pupils accessing swimming, judo, taekwondo, athletics, rugby, dance, gymnastics, Irish dancing to name just a few. Our weekly Sporting Achievements page on the blog rightly celebrates their successes.