PE and Sport Premium
Sport and PE take a very high precedence at St. Bernadette’s and we are proud of our achievements. We provide a broad PE and Sports curriculum of games, gymnastics, dance, athletics and swimming as well as a range of wider opportunities for pupils to participate in completive games such as football, hockey and multi-skills tournaments .
The PE and sport premium is additional funding which schools receive annually in order to help improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Our priorities for spending the premium are:
- Continually developing teacher's knowledge, understanding and skill in delivering a high-quality, progressive PE curriculum,
- Promoting healthy and active lifestyle choices with all our pupils,
- To offer a broader range of sporting activities both within our curriculum and extracurricular activities,
- To increase participation in competitive sport,
- To exploit all opportunities to promote respect and tolerance within sporting activites.